Eventually, I could not tolerate myself to postpone the development of gelman, a eBook management system any longer, so I registered a new project in Sf.net: gelman
Gelman is named after the Gelman library in GWU. Both of them are lightweight.
- All immutable meta data is stored online, aka Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- User preference is stored in sqlite in-process database
- Implemented by PyKDE
- Tag support
- Script and plug-in support
Here is the proposal to sf.net:
Yet another personal media management system. What makes the gelman distinguishing?
- plug-in. The user may override the default behavior
- Tag support Organize the media in del.icio.us way
UPDATE: This project is rejected by sf.net due to the vague description. Since I do not have an developement environment for PyKDE right now, I would revise the proposal and re-submit it later.