Some books picked by Paul:
- Authentic Happiness, Martin Seligman.
- The Happiness Hypothesis, Jonathan Haidt
- Happiness, Daniel Nettle
- Stumbling on Happiness, Daniel Gilbert
How happy are you?
Most common answers are 7 and 8, American 7.71. The answers are highly related to the environment.
Happiness is highly heritable.
The life events matter less than we thought.
- irrelevant of daily life
- we adapt to the good and bad things
- the psychological immune system
The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a heaven of hell and a Hell of Heaven.
Happiness is influenced by absolute and relative factors.
Danny Kahneman proposed: we focus on the peaks and ending for the past pleasure and pain. Endings matter.