Hello, my name is Kun Xi. I am happily married to Dr. Hui Jin and live in the beautiful Sammamish, where we raised our two kids, Chloe and Gavin.
I am currently working in the SurveyMonkey Seattle office, aka SeaMonkey. We deliver fast, inexpensive, and high quality market research surveys to help our customers to make better decision. Before that, I worked in a cloud computing provider, Skytap and catered the Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to the enterprise customers. Feel free to checkout my LinkedIn profile, or my resume for more information.
I started this blog in 2005, first in Blogger, then quickly moved to WordPress, and later hopped on several VPS providers to self-host WordPress service. I quitted blogging in 2012 due to the frustration of low traffic, then rekindled this blog to a personal web site in 2013 with the migration to static site generators, first jekyll/octopress, then nanoc and temporarily settled on metalsmith for now.
UX is definitely not my strongest forte: I am a picky, indecisive and amateur web designer. I dislike stock looking, enchanted by the minimalist style, and annoyed by the bloated stylesheets, so I steal goodies to build my own style:
- scaffolding, stolen from bootstrap.
- body font, I use the Lato web font just like Slack.
- title font, I admire the decorativeness of League Gothic in Linda Dong’s site.
- grids: ported from purecss.
- responsive layout, highly inspired by Sennep.
- responsive logo, inspired by adobe.
- syntax highlight, using my favorite zenburn theme.
- Polaroids photo style, inspired by zurb.
This site is built with gulp and metalsmith and various plugins. Notably:
- pandoc, the content is crafted in the pandoc flavored markdown.
- ipython, some notes are created with the awesome ipython notebook, and then converted to HTML with
- nunjucks, a rich and powerful template, making the jinja lover feel at home.
- fontello, the icon fonts are customize by fontello.
- fontsquirrel, some web fonts are built by fontsquirrel.
- scut, a time saver for the amateur sass developer.
- inkscape, the poor man’s Illustrator.
- chartist.js, for its simplicity.
The opinion expressed herein is strictly personal and do not represent my current or past employer’s positions, strategies or opinions.
All content provided herein is for informational purposes only. The owner of this site makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
The owner of this site will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Copyright © 2015 Kun Xi. Some rights are reserved.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.